Trek Jbel Toubkal 4167m (Highest peak in North Africa)
Our Atlas Mountain Treks are a fantastic opportunity to trek, at altitude, in the awe-inspiring surrounds of the High Atlas Mountains, so therefore getting maximum adventure for little time away from home.
Arrive in Marrakech and stay overnight and enjoy the sights and sounds of the bustling Medina (old town) with its souks and street entertainers which really gets you in the mood for your trek ahead.
Once you start your trek you will be supported not only by your very own guide but also by a team of Muleteers who will carry your main luggage and prepare your meals during your time in the mountains.
On winter treks, you sleep in purpose-built refuges that offer a relative amount of comfort, leaving you to wake refreshed for another days trekking. On summer treks its camping!
When you finally summit Toubkal, you can enjoy unbelievable views across North Africa including the Sahara Desert and all that the impressive High Atlas Mountain Range has to offer.
Another night in the Medina after your trek and top it all off with a celebratory meal in a fantastic former palace in Marrakech.
Available Dates; (WINTER. GITES & REFUGES) TBC
GRADE – Moderately hard
Available Dates; (SUMMER. CAMPING)
Saturday 23rd September – Friday 29th September
GRADED – Moderately Difficult
Total Cost Per Person for thids trip will be £580.00 (price does not include international flights)
Please note that we only work with a ground handler that is registered and bonded, licensed and insured in Morocco for this particular trek.
We can also organise other activities in Morocco including golf breaks, spa weekends in Marrakech and guided tours of the numerous ancient cities in Morocco. Prices available on request.
A non-refundable deposit of £150.00 will be required when booking and the balance paid two weeks prior to departure.
There is a minimum number of people needed for this trek to take place and if that criteria isn’t met then all deposits and or full payments will be returned to the customer.
As part of the package we will be able to hire out some of the items need to trek the Atlas Mountains including, sleeping bags, warm jackets, head torches, walking poles etc and if crampons and ice axes are needed for the winter treks then we can supply these too for a small administration fee.
- Arrive Marrakech, transfer to Riad Moulay Imilchil (or similar) twin room – extra charge for single rooms
- Breakfast in Riad, transfer to Oukaimden and meet the Muleteer team, cook and porter, trek to Tacedirt (4/5 hours)
- Tacedirt to Aroumd over the high pass, passing through Berber villages (6/7 hours)
- Aroumd to Nelter Base Camp, flat for the first forty five minutes then zig zag ascent up to shrine then long ascent to base camp (7 hours)
- Summit Day! Early start, brunch at summit then descend to Nelter Base Camp, short break then carry on further down to Aroumd where you will overnight. Very long day! (12 hours)
- Return to Marrakech mid morning – time to explore Marrakech in the afternoon then a Celebration dinner (drinks extra)
- Collected and taken to airport for flight home.