Elbrus Summit Trek
Mount Elbrus is located in the western Caucasus mountain range, in Kabardino-Balkaria and Karachay–Cherkessia of Russia, near the border with Georgia. Mt. Elbrus’s peak is the highest in the Caucasus Mountains and in Europe.
Elbrus has two summits, both of which are dormant volcanic domes. Mt. Elbrus (west summit) stands at 5,642 metres (18,510 ft), the east summit is slightly lower at 5,621 metres (18,442 ft). The lower of the two summits was first ascended on 10 July 1829 by Khillar Khachirov, a Karachay guide for an Imperial Russian army scientific expedition led by General Emmanuel, and the higher (by about 20 m—70 ft) in 1874 by an English expedition led by F. Crauford Grove and including Frederick Gardner, Horace Walker, and the Swiss guide Peter Knubel of St. Niklaus in the canton Valais.
Trek Hire UK have now produced a trek to this beautiful mountainous area in association with a highly respected company based in the region and we would like to offer you the opportunity not only to summit one of the seven summits but also Europe’s highest mountain!
We believe that this particular trek offers great value for money and as we approach from the south side of the mountain you will have all the resources available to make it as safe as possible with the maximum amount of opportunity to reach the summit.
We currently have a 75% success rate for this climb
Trek Elbrus 2019
16th – 26th July
19th – 29th August
PRICE FROM – £2500.00 PER PERSON including international and domestic flights.
We would grade this trek as an 8 or moderately difficult where there is some need for ropes approaching the summit and definate use of crampons and ice axe throughout your stay on the mountain. You will need good cardiovascular and be able to walk with up to 15kg of weight 6/7 hour days and longer for summit night….
If you’re not sure about your fitness levels or if you would like more information about this trek in greater detail then why not attend on of our regular trek training days
- All accommodation as per itinerary (hotel accommodation is based on double occupancy),
- All land group transfers as per itinerary,
- One return run by Azau-Garabashi ski lifts on Elbrus slopes,
- Breakfasts and dinners on the days when overnight at the hotel,
- Three daily meals at the mountain hut,
- One English-speaking main guide in the Elbrus area plus assistant guides on the Elbrus climbing day (totally 1 guide for 3-4 clients),
- Cook providing meals at the mountain hut,
- Eating utensils,
- All the necessary permits and registrations,
- Russian entry visa support, not application, this will need to be applied for by the client
Whats not included;
- Single accommodation,
- Lunches on the days when you stay at the hotel (Days 2, 3, 9 and possibly 8).
- Ride by Snow cat if required,
- Items of personal nature,
- Personal insurance and equipment,
- Russian entry visa consular fee.
Click on link for Elbrus Itinerary 2018
A non-refundable deposit of £650.00 will be required when booking and the balance paid at least three weeks prior to departure.
There is a minimum number of people needed for this trek to take place and if that criteria isn’t met then all refunds and or full payments will be returned to the customer.