Last Updated 17th June 2020. From June 15th the government advised us that our shop can reopen so from the 22nd June we will be operating on an appointments ONLY basis for visits to our shop for shoe and boot fitting and also for hiring trekking equipment and clothing in order to comply with Government Guidelines. Our opening times from June 22nd will be as follows: Monday: 10.30am – 4.00pm Tuesday: 10.30am – 4.00pm Wednesday: CLOSED Thursday: CLOSED Friday: 10.30am – 4.00pm Saturday: 10.30am – 5.00pm Sunday: 11.00am – 3.00pm The government has issued a number of guidelines for the store to open and we will be following this guidance. We have published our full ‘Covid-19 Health Policy’ inline with those guidelines (below), with social distancing being key in that we do. The guidelines include the following:
- The store will open on the 22nd June, operating to a strict appointment system for kit hire and shoe fittings
- Only two customers in the store at anyone time. Please come alone and no pets
- Youngsters requiring shoes or other kit can clearly come along with a single parent
- You will need to bring a clean and fresh pair of socks to try on any shoes – your socks should cover your ankle. Alternatively, select and purchase a new pair of socks and use these before trying on shoes
- No browsers please. The service we are offering is for those looking to receive the best help and advice that we can offer in selecting the right product for their needs from the store
- All shoes that have been tried on will be sprayed with an appropriate disinfectant
- The changing rooms will be closed. Try any clothing on at home and if you have to return an item it will have to be isolated from the rest of the stock for 72 hours. Clothing must be returned with the original labels still attached
- Refunds can only take place after the 72 hours quarantine period on all goods returned as we can not touch them. In store we will have a box available that we can seal for this purpose.
Before booking your appointment please read through the whole of this page including our Covid-19 Store Operating Policy To book an appointment to visit the store click I suspect we will all be very very glad when this is all over and thank you for understanding….
Trek Hire UK and Trekking Outdoors approach for minimising risk associated with Covid-19 transmission and store operation.
Overview: In line with government policy and guidelines the objective of our procedures surrounding the transmission of Covid-19 is to minimise as reasonably possible the spread of this disease. In doing so the prime concern is the health and safety of all those that work at Trekking & Outdoors and those visiting. Key to this will be a series of steps taken, summarised as follows:
- A Clean store and working environment. A full clean of all areas of the store with disinfectant at the end of the working day.
- Increased customer care by initially operating an ‘Appointment Only’ system
- All customers areas cleaned with disinfectant between appointments
- All visitors to the store must first wash their hands or sanitize them upon arrival
- All customers must bring their own clean socks that cover their ankles to try on shoes
- Social distancing for all customer when at the store
- Initially no more than 2 customers in the store at any one time, unless arranged in advance for example shoe fitting for children.
- Introduction of a ‘Front Door Shoe Fitting Service’. We will come to you.
- This policy will be reviewed on a regular basis with discussion with all staff.
The store will provide the following options for customers to access advice and to ensure the correct purchase is made: 1.0 Online and Telephone Ordering 1.1 Postal service via Royal Mail or DPD. 1.2 A designated collection area if ordered as above. 1.3 Same Day delivery within a 20 mile radius of the shop. 1.4 Telephone advice for trekking equipment hire and general shop sales. This can be as comprehensive as needed to make sure that we make the correct decision for your purchases or hire. 2.0 Shop sales and service, by appointment. 3.0 Remote Sales Service: we’ll come to you. 1.0 Web Sales, Mail Order and Telephone Ordering 1.1 Postal service will continue as normal and our normal Terms and Conditions will apply. Footwear purchases in most cases are being sent First Class via Royal Mail. 1.2 Pay and Collect orders can be specified when you order over the phone or via email as long as stock is available. ‘Collection’ will operate during store opening hours and there will be a designated ‘Collection Area’ to ensure social distancing is maintained. 1.3 On occasions we have been able to deliver further than the 20 mile radius on the same day. This is not guaranteed and is determined by the number of orders we receive and the location of deliveries. If you require same day delivery to a Surrey address, then we suggest you call the shop to arrange this. At the point of delivery, we will notify you in advance and ensure social distancing is maintained when we deliver. 2.0 Shop Sales and Service The physical store will open on the 22nd June 2020 with an ‘Appointment Only’ service for boot and trail shoe fitting and advice on trekking equipment hire. An online booking form is available HERE
Please, don’t just turn up at the store as we will ask you to book an appointment. We are only allowing two people in the store at one time.