Welcome to our winter skills and adventure courses page for 2015
This trip will take in the best of the Cairngorms and the cost for the courses will be £480.00 pp. This event will be ideal for those who are looking to do more technical climbs in the Himalayas i.e Mera Peak, Island Peak etc…
Dates for the Winter Skills courses:
Saturday 28th February – Thursday 5th March 2015
!Please note that the cut off date for this event is the 3rd January 2015, anybody booking after this date will have to make their own travel arrangements.
- Return travel to Aviemore via train from Kings Cross Station.
- Accommodation for all 5 nights in a local Scottish Youth Hostel (details provided on receipt of deposit)
- Food including breakfast and daily packed lunch will be provided
- Any hire equipment needed will be supplied by Trek Hire UK (free of charge)
- Fully qualified and experienced Winter mountain leader
- Skills training in Ice axe and crampon, winter proofing yourself with good kit selection.
- Practical avalanche awareness and route choice / decision-making in Winter conditions
- A full days navigation (conditions permitting).
- Construction of Winter shelters with possible overnight stay in a snow hole, (conditions permitting).
- Evening Meals
- Beverages (alcoholic & non alcoholic)
A full itinerary and kit list will be provided when you book, there is also a non refundable £150.00 deposit to pay when booking your place. Please call us on 01483 209559 for more information or email us at email@example.com
There is a minimum number of 4 people needed for this training week to take place and if that criteria isn’t met and the weather in Scotland is too bad for the event to take place then all refunds will be returned to the customer.